I'm starting to get quite defensive about my current pregnant state and feel that I should be taking it easier than I have been. The way people can make you feel about being pregnant isn't great; they have a tendency to not believe the way you're feeling or make you feel like you're exaggerating your symptoms. As I've explained before, and others who have been pregnant will understand this, during pregnancy when you tired, you are exhausted! This is merely due to the fact that your body is giving supplies and energy to the little one therefore, when I state that I am tired, the response of "oh yeah, me too. I know exactly how you feel" from someone who has never been blessed with pregnancy really gets me irate. How on earth can you possibly know how I am feeling, what I am going through if you have never been pregnant? And no, knowing someone who has been through it doesn't count! EVERYONE is different during pregnancy and there is no way to predict anything.
Talking it through with loved ones and people who have had children has really opened my eyes to the fact I should be doing less. Yes, less than I am doing at the moment. I should be taking it easy, resting, not getting stressed or worried about anything petty due to the fact it can actually be damaging to me and Shrimp (had to find this out the hard way a few weeks ago). However, it is very difficult with people who have never been in this situation as they are still in the mindset that you are exactly the same as you were 4 months ago and will push and push you like they used to, not grasping the fact that physically for you this isn't possible anymore. How do you get it through to these people who refuse to acknowledge or listen that you don't want to be wrapped up in cotton wool but you have to take it slow and remain as stress free as possible?
My point is that when I feel ill or tired or when I am completely rundown, mama knows best! The motherly instinct is now in full swing and I am very defensive of my baby and will now spend my life protecting Shrimp, inside and outside of me. This is an exasperated plea to just listen! I know what I am talking about when I say I cannot take this or that or that my twinges or cramps are normal as it is happening to me. No, I am not a midwife or any form of medical official but I know my body and the impact things could have on my unborn child. Therefore, as of today, I will be putting myself and my child first, above everything. And if you don't like it... Tough!
Phew! Now I feel better :)
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment